SUST4IN joins the Council for Inclusive Capitalism with the Vatican
Madrid, March 11. SUST4IN, sustainability experts, have joined the Council for Inclusive Capitalism with the Vatican. The Council is a global nonprofit organization that joins moral and market imperatives to build a more inclusive, sustainable, and trusted economic system that addresses the needs of our people and the planet.
“I am thrilled to welcome SUST4IN to the Council and look forward to working with them as they take the necessary actions to ensure a better future for us all,” said Meredith Sumpter, CEO of the Council for Inclusive Capitalism. “Whether you run a small business or are the CEO of a global corporation, we all have a role to play to build more inclusive economies and societies.”XMa
The Council is rooted in action. Upon joining, Council members commit their organizations to measurable and meaningful acts to create equality of opportunity, equitable outcomes, and fairness across generations and to those whose circumstances prevent them from full participation in the economy. “We firmly believe in a more sustainable and inclusive world, with no one left behind. In that sense we are honoured to join the Council and we are immediately available to fulfill our inaugural commitment to provide pro bono support to organizations in low income countries,” said Marcio Viegas, founder and managing director of SUST4IN.
The Council was launched in December 2020 with the belief that businesses have a responsibility and the capability to create stronger, fairer, and more dynamic economies and societies. Council membership is open to all companies and organizations who are willing to make measurable, public commitments toward more inclusive and sustainable business practices. You can see the full list of Council members, including SUST4IN, here, and you can sign up to join the Council here.
The Council is led by a core group of leaders, known as Guardians for inclusive capitalism, which include:
- Ajay Banga, Executive Chairman, Mastercard
- Marc Benioff, Chair, Chief Executive Officer, and Co-founder, Salesforce
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- Mark Carney, COP26 Financial Advisor to the Prime Minister, and United Nations Special Envoy for Climate Action and Finance
- Lynn Forester de Rothschild, Founder and Managing Partner, Inclusive Capital Partners
- Angel Gurria, Secretary General, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Hiro Mizuno, Member of the Board, Principles for Responsible Investment
- Deanna Mulligan, President and Chief Executive Officer, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Rajiv Shah, President, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Tidjane Thiam, Board Member, Kering Group